Owner Builders – Project Tools
Owner Builders Construction and Public Liability
We all start off with the dream of how we ‘see’ our finished home looking. But if you do not use the right tools or buy the right insurance it could turn into the biggest nightmare of all time!
Quality Assurance Checklist assists Owner Builders to:
- Better understand the building process and building operational management
- Set a clear sense of construction direction and planning
- Manage lead times and critical check points
- Highlights priorities
- Improves sub contactor and trades communication and relationships
- Contains costs and assists in managing to budgets
The Quality Assurance Checklist provides hands on guidance on managing your building project – successfully.
How does it work?
QA Checklist assists and guides Owner Builder in reviewing key Contractors works against key benchmarks. Quality Assurance Checklist references the Owner Builder Manual for easy to understand, plain English building terms placing the Owner Builder in control.
What are the stages and the checklist outlines –
There 19 stages that are outlined in the folder
- Concrete Slab
- Fascia and Gutter
- Plumber Rough In
- Sisalation Wrap
- Carpenter Lock Up
- General Lock Up
- Fix Out
- Fit Off
Each stage has a number of listed questions to be signed off. In this way you will know that the building quality of your home is up to standard!
As an Owner Builder Warranty provider we see the defects listed on the reports required for the sale, if the problems had been brought to the attention of the owner builder and then the tradie, it would have been fixed during construction and not listed as a defect when selling the home.
The Quality Assurance Checklist assists Owner Builders to prepare Trade Orders and schedule of works to clearly direct Trades and Contractors to meet important and critical quality points.
Why do you need it
It is a lot easier fixing problems during construction than when finished and if you don’t know there is a problem/defect – how can you fix it? The Quality Assurance Checklist will help you avoid the problem!
With a duplicate copy for Owner Builders and Trades/Contractors, the Quality Assurance Checklist is the ideal reference check list and record for your project prior to payment for works.
Schedule of Works
Building your own home can be an exhilarating experience. The Schedule of Works shows you what to expect–and what to watch out for and puts you in control of your project.
This 1000x700mm Project Planner on heavy paper is designed for you to follow and manage your job at a glance.
- Cost Overuns
- Sensational Quality Management
- Savings to Build a Better Quality Home
- Complete the Project On Time– Save $’000s
- Safe Work Place and Environment
Schedule of Works–How it Works
The Professional Builders secret to a successful project– The Schedule of Works
- Project Planning
- Streamlining and scheduling tasks
- Scheduling trades and contractors
- Estimating, budgeting and expenditure control
- High level project overview to manage stages – seamlessly
- One comprehensive project management tool