Please read this legal information carefully.
Use of the Website and any information on this website is at your sole risk. In no event will we be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, multiple, punitive, special or other damages under any law for any use or reliance upon the information available on or through this website, including without limitation, damages for lost profits, business interruption or damage to your computer systems.
The information, products and services contained or referred to on this website may change or be updated without notice.
Your continued use of our web sites constitutes your acceptance of the terms in this notice and the other notices on our web sites. Should you object to any of the conditions in the notices on our web sites your sole option is to immediately cease your use of the web sites.
Information on our web sites and in Australian Owner Builders, should not be regarded as a substitute for professional legal, financial or real estate advice.
Australian Owner Builders, and its related entities responsible for maintaining our web sites and its directors, officers and agents believe that all information contained within them is correct at time publishing. However, no warranty is made as to the accuracy or reliability of the information contained therein and Australian Owner Builders, and its related entities, directors, officers and agents disclaim all liability and responsibility for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may be suffered by any recipient through relying on anything contained in or omitted from our web sites or publications.
Web site content and material located on and accessible from our web sites and publications is copyright. Australian Owner Builders and allow visitors to this site and permission to download copyright material only for private purposes.
Third party links and advertisers
Our web sites includes advertisements, hyperlinks and pointers to web sites operated by third parties. Those third party web sites do not form part of the Australian Owner Builders and web sites and are not under the control of or the responsibility of Australian Owner Builders and or its related entities. When you link to those web sites you leave our web site and do so entirely at your own risk. A display of advertising does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by Australian Owner Builders and or its related entities.
Policy for Linking to Our Websites
Hyperlinks enhance the user’s experience by providing easy access to additional information or original source material, whether on the same site or from an external source. For this reason, we value the use of hyperlinks in our content. However, in using hyperlinks, we:
- Attribute the original source of the hyperlink where it points to third party content.
- Do not claim ownership or rights to content belonging to other parties.
- We ask that you observe similar practices when linking to our content. You should be aware that if you do not do this, this may be in breach of our rights or the rights of our licensors or other third parties.
- Link to our content directly. We encourage direct links.
- Comply with all copyright, trade mark or other applicable laws
- Use the title or headline of the content to which you are linking, as long as you link directly to that content.
Please do not:
- Attribute a link to Australian Owner Builders and content as being a link to your own or someone else’s content (for example, use your own logo to link to our content).
- Attribute a link to our site and then link somewhere else.
- Frame our content in such a way as to present it as your own or as belonging to anyone other than us or our licensors.
Limitation of liability
Certain rights and remedies may be available under the Trade Practices Act 1974 or similar legislation of other States or Territories and may not be permitted to be excluded, restricted or modified. Apart from those that cannot be excluded, Australian Owner Builders and and its related entities exclude all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of any implied warranty or condition that cannot be excluded is restricted, at our option to: the re-supply of services or payment of the cost of re-supply of services; or the replacement or repair of goods or payment of the cost of replacement or repair
Your use of this web site and all of our legal notices will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and by using our Internet sites you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
Australian Owner Builder acts as an agent of BuildSafe Insurance Brokers P.L.
Your use of this Website or submission of service requests via telephone or email constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices in effect at such time. If you have any questions regarding these Term and Conditions you may contact us at Australian Owner Builders. We may amend these Term and Conditions at any time by posting a revised version of these Terms and Conditions on the Australian Owner Builders Website.
Australian Owner Builders makes no guarantees or representations regarding the skills or representations of such Trade professionals** or the quality of the job that he or she may perform for you if you elect to retain their services. We are a referral service ONLY.
We do not endorse or recommend the services of any particular Trade professional**. It is entirely up to you to enter into a direct contract or otherwise reach agreement with a Trade professional**, and we do not guarantee or warrant their performance on the job or the outcome or quality of the services performed. The Trade professionals** are not employees or agents of Australian Owner Builders (AOB). Nor is AOB an agent of the Trade professionals**. AOB does not perform and is not responsible for any of the services requested by you. Your rights under contracts you enter into with the Trade professionals** are governed by the terms of such contracts and by applicable federal state and local laws.
Should you have a dispute with any Trade professionals** you must address such a dispute with the Trade professionals** directly. And you hereby agree to release AOB (and our officers, directors, affiliates, employees and agents) and any other associated person, firm, or entity from any damages or claims (including consequential and incidental damages) of every kind or nature, suspected and unsuspected, known and unknown, and disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes and your dealings with AOB.
Australian Owner Builders does not guarantee that the Trade professional** has insurance coverage at the time they have entered into an agreement with you and makes no representation as to the adequacy of any insurance coverage (including amount, breadth, or type). You must carry out your own due diligence investigations.
Use of the Website and any information on this Website is at your sole risk. In no event will we be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, multiple, punitive, special or other damages under any law for any use or reliance upon the information available on or through this website, including without limitation, damages for lost profits, business interruption or damage to your computer systems.
The information, products and services contained or referred to on this website may change or be updated without notice.
** Trade professional can mean any service provider in the building industry.
Whilst we have undertaken all reasonable steps to ensure that all information contained in our website is accurate and free from error, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, or completeness of information on our website. All information is subject to change without notice. We do not guarantee that our website, or websites of those linked to our website, will function as intended, be uninterrupted, or will be free from viruses.
Australian Owner Builder is committed to complying with its obligations under the Spam Act 2003 (Cth), at all times.
Australian Owner Builder assures you that:
- Australian Owner Builder has crafted an internal policy to educate its staff on the legislation and implement clear guidelines and rules in relation to the dissemination of commercial electronic messages;
- Australian Owner Builder will not send you any unsolicited commercial electronic messages without your consent;
- Australian Owner Builder promises not to use address-harvesting software in any circumstances.
To assist Australian Owner Builder to combat Spam we kindly request your assistance with the following:
- If you receive an offensive message, which appears to originate from a Australian Owner Builder email address, please assume that it has been sent in error and notify us immediately on the above noted contact details;
- Please ensure that you unsubscribe from any of Australian Owner Builder’s mailing lists if you decide you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from Australian Owner Builder; and
- If you do subscribe to Australian Owner Builder’s mailing lists, please ensure that we have your current details at all times, by updating us on any change in or cancellation of your email address.
Terms and Conditions– Insurance
Australian Owner Builder acts as an agent of BuildSafe Insurance Brokers P.L.
We only provide general information on our website about our products and services. If you are considering purchasing a product or service, you should ensure that you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement fully. Our website also enables you to purchase and pay for insurance products and services and administer your insurance policy online.
Our website enables you to make certain transactions online, whether this relates to you purchasing a policy, administering your policy, making a renewal payment, or any other transaction. These transactions will not be complete until we have received and processed your confirmation.
Your confirmation means any communication issued or transmitted by you to us via our website or other electronic means, containing your acceptance in relation to our offer, or your confirmation of payment, whichever is applicable.
Your confirmation of any payment may not be received by us for reasons inclusive of mechanical, software, computer, telecommunications, or electronic failure, or the omission or failure of other providers or systems, which are outside of the control of either party. You acknowledge that we are not liable to you in any way for loss or damage at all and however caused, directly arising out of; or indirectly in connection with the transmission of; your confirmation to us.
Purchasing a Policy
Our website enables you to purchase insurance products online. To create a valid insurance policy with us via our website, there is a simple three-step process:
- We create a quote for the insurance product you are interested in and have selected. You can exit our website and save your quote information at any time. Your quotation will be stored within our database for a period of at least thirty (30) days. An e-mail will be sent to you providing a link back to our website, which allows you to return to your quote and complete all required information. For security purposes, yo u will be requested to re-enter your e-mail address.
- If you complete the relevant information, you will receive a quote, you are then asked to confirm the information you have provided related to the product you have chosen. Once you have confirmed all information as being complete, a summary of your quotation is displayed. Your quote will remain valid and accessible on the secure web page for a period of up to thirty (30) days from the date the quote process was started; and
- If you wish to purchase the insurance product in accordance with a quote provided to you by us via our website, then after you have completed the required details, you will be requested to answer further questions. Upon successful completion and acceptance by us of those questions, you may then accept that quote by pressing the “Buy” button on our website. To create a valid insurance policy with us, you will also be requested to enter a payment method and your nominated account details for premium deduction. You will then be provided with a corresponding BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and Product Disclosure Statement.
You may be contacted either by e-mail, text messaging, telephone or all three (3), depending upon the method of contact you selected, or the business reason for contacting you. Our consultants will assist in answering any questions you may have in relation to the quotation. They may also provide general product information only in relation to our product for which you have requested a quotation.
The insurance policy has been entered into by the process of:
- Our offer of insurance being made via our website electronically; and
- Your confirmation to us of your acceptance of that offer via our website
We are under no obligation to determine the authenticity or investigate whether authority has been provided for persons who have transmitted or issued electronic confirmations through our website. We may act on and process all completed confirmations transmitted or issued through our website without further consent from, or reference to, you.
When entering into an insurance policy with us via our website, your acceptance of our offer of insurance will have been taken to have been communicated when:
- Your confirmation containing your acceptance is received and processed by us;
- BuildSafe policy number is generated and issued to you;
- We receive all required details of a current and valid credit card or nominated bank account 3. number which you are authorised to use, and which is of a suitable type for us to charge premium to, or collect premium from, whichever is applicable.
By entering these details and using our website, you further agree that we are authorised to use the account or credit card details provided, for the purpose of collecting periodic payments depending on the payment method you have selected, and to continue to use these to effect renewal of your insurance, unless you instruct us not to do so.
Issuing a Policy
Your insurance contract is only valid, when we are able to:
- Successfully charge against your nominated credit card; or
- Direct debit from your nominated bank account;
- We receive payment of your applicable premium (either by a single payment or where permitted, in installments).
A BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS will be issued to you via email. You may request a copy via Australia Post (please contact our office on 1300 763 016 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Any failure by you to receive a BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS via our website does not invalidate the existence of an insurance policy or transaction entered into using our website.
Please contact us immediately if you do not receive a BuildSafe policy number, Policy Schedule and PDS via our website following your transaction.
Our offer and your acceptance of that offer, together with your payment constitutes your insurance policy or contract with us.
Delivery of your Insurance Policy
Extending your Construction Policy (Home Warranty or Home Indemnity is not extendable)
We will provide notification with supporting documentation at least fourteen (14) days prior to the expiry date of your policy. Your Policy may be extended, following a review process. Extending and owner Builder Policy is not automatic.
Your insurance policy will only be valid upon us being able to:
- Successfully charge against your nominated credit card or direct debit from your nominated bank account; and
- Receive full payment of all applicable premiums due for the Policy (or policies)
Our offer of extension and your acceptance of that offer, together with your extension payment constitutes your insurance policy or contract with us.
Cancelling Your Home Warranty / Home Indemnity Insurance Policy
Cancelling Your Owner Builder Construction Insurance Policy
All retail products are subject to a 14 day ‘cooling off period’. This means that if you are not happy with the product, you have 14 days to withdraw from the insurance contract. We have a set of standard non refundable Broker Fees that we charge you for services such as:
- Market research on products available
- Assessing the claims paying ability of insurers.
- Sourcing alternative quotations and coverage.
- Risk analysis and portfolio co-ordination.
Restrictions on Use
In using our website, you agree that you will not, either directly or via any third party:
- Use our website for any other purpose, other than as a legitimate customer or for Owner Builder insurance purpose;
- Take any action which may disrupt access to; cause damage; or interfere with; the proper operation of our website;
- Take any action that places an unusually large load on the infrastructure of; or bandwidth connecting to; our website;
- Take any action that includes the use of any data accumulation tool, robot or spider to compile disseminate, extract, process, monitor, or copy any web pages from our website’ inclusive of any information, data, graphics or content contained within our website, without our prior written consent;
- Take any action that involves decompiling, reverse engineering, reverse assembling, attempting to reveal source code or other processes or formulas, connected with our website software; or copy, reproduce, alter, modify, or display in public any part or content from our website, without our prior written consent.
Copyright on the information, text & graphics on our website is owned or licensed by BuildSafe Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd.
No part of our website, inclusive of information, services, text & graphics and other data may be reproduced, stored, modified, adapted, uploaded to another location, and produced for display in public in any form without our prior specific written consent.
“BuildSafe” is a trademark of BuildSafe Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd.
Our website does not claim to provide you with any personal financial or investment advice of any kind. Our website and the information it contains does not take into account your particular financial or insurance position or requirements. You should always seek independent advice before acting upon any of the information contained on our website or other website links contained in our website.
The law applicable to our website and to disputes arising out of our website is the law of the state of Victoria, Australia.
Use of the information and data contained within this site or these pages and referrals to third party service providers is at your sole risk.
If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy, currency or completeness.
This site includes links to other websites operated by community, business and government. These linked websites will have their own terms and conditions of use and you should familiarise yourself with these
All linked websites are linked ‘as is’ and AOB:
does not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on websites linked from or to this site
does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on websites linked from or to this site
does not make any warranties or representations that material on other websites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world
does not authorise the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other websites by linking this site to those other websites.
The information and data on this site is subject to change without notice. AOB may revise this disclaimer at any time by updating this page.
AOB, its agents, instrumentalities, officers and employees:
make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site
make no representations as to the availability of the site and the availability of websites linked from or to the site
accept no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the site and any information and data or reliance placed on it
make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose
accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this site or its use or any website linked to this site
do not represent or warrant that applications or payments initiated through this site will in fact be received or made to the intended recipient. Users are advised to confirm the application or payment by other means.
Please note the current Planning Kit products have been upgraded and may appear different than those presented in the video. Not all products shown are included. Please refer to the planning kit page for the correct information.
14 Day Money Back Guarantee
If for any reason You are unsatisfied with Your purchase, You can contact us within 14 days of taking delivery, and organise to return the Product and receive either a credit or refund of the purchase price of Your Product (excluding initial delivery charges and a re-stocking fee).
The re-stocking fee for these Products will be 15% of the original purchase price, or $35 (whichever is lower). Where a product listing specifically excludes returns under this policy, no returns under this policy will be permitted.