Australian owner builders




What you need to know – NSW


NSW laws for Owner Builders are designed to protect and support Owner Building. It is important you become familiar with your obligations as an Owner Builder. This information may assist, for more information visit NSW Government website.


When are you classified as an Owner Builder?

Owner Builder work is any work (including supervision and co-ordination) involved in the construction of, or alterations, repairs or additions to, a dwelling (which includes a house, terrace, town-house, garage, swimming pool and certain other structures and improvements).

How do I get an Owner Builder Permit?

If you are over 18 years old? If you own the land or have a prescribed interest in the land (Certificate of title or rate notice).

If you live or intend to live in the completed home or one dwelling of the dual occupancy as your principal residence.

You can get an Owner Builder permit!


Want to know more:…./